If you are considering remodeling your home, here are a few important things to consider before signing any contract to begin work with a remodeling contractor.
- Is the company licensed and insured? Insurance provides protection for the homeowner and for the company completing the work. When you are building a new home or remodeling your home, this is important.
- What percentage of their business is repeat or referral business. This is a good indication that their past clients have come back for additional projects or they refer friends, family, and neighbors.
- Can the company provide recent referrals? A reputable company should be able to provide a list of references of past clients who have completed projects. Ideally, quotes similar to the project you are considering would be most helpful.
- Know what you want before you get estimates. Start with a plan and some ideas, then talk with a contractor who can listen well and add in suggestions if needed. You’ll get a more accurate estimate if you can be very specific in what you want done and the materials you would like to use to make it happen. Suggestions are always helpful after the contractor has listened to exactly what you would like completed.
- Choose the right contractor for the right project. Someone who did a good job painting your neighbor’s bathroom isn’t necessarily the right person to build an addition to your home. You want to find a company that routinely does the kind of project you want done.
- Don’t expect a contractor to start right away. The best contractors are the busy ones so don’t be frustrated if you need to wait a week or two. Plan ahead and you’ll be glad you did.
At Walker Family Construction you can be confident that we will provide all of the above, before a quote is ever submitted. Give us a call at (440) 537-8060 or email email@example.com to arrange a meeting where we can discuss any upcoming remodeling projects. Within the week we will be helping you to design your beautiful new remodeled project. We will be upfront with scheduling and completion of your project. You can trust we will have your project completed on time and within your budget.